What is Cloud Storage?: Cloud storage is a method of storing data over the internet rather than on your computer. To upload, alter, and share documents, presentations, spreadsheets, photos, music, video, and other media with others, you’ll need an internet connection. Online storage services do not save any data on your computer’s hard drive. You can access your files from any device using cloud storage tools.
The following is a hand-picked list of the best free cloud storage apps and utilities, along with popular features and links to the most recent downloads. Commercial (paid) and open-source (free) software are both included in this list.
free unlimited cloud storage provider
pCloud is a secure and user-friendly cloud storage solution for your documents. This programme allows you to collaborate and exchange files with your coworkers, friends, and family.
- With the highest level of encryption, it assists you in keeping your private files private.
- Allows you to back up your important memories to pCloud with a single click of a button.
- It assists you in filtering your files based on their file format.
- It keeps versions of your files for a set amount of time, making it easier to search archive files.
Icedrive is a cutting-edge cloud service that makes it simple to access, manage, and update your cloud storage. It gives you a place to exchange, display, and collaborate on your files.
- Twofish Encryption is the only cloud storage service that supports it. Everything is encrypted on the client side, and we have no access to your information.
- It offers free storage of files up to 10 GB.
- Syncing isn’t as time-consuming as it once was. IceDrive may be mounted with a single click, thus it’s not required.
- Icedrive’s file management interface is simple and intuitive.
- Stream media from your cloud storage and share it with ease.
Sync.com is a cloud-based file sharing service that works on any computer or mobile device. Sync is a fantastic tool for storing and transmitting sensitive and confidential data.
- You can transmit files of any size to anyone via Sync, even if they don’t have a registered account.
- When you upload files larger than 40 GB, performance suffers.
- Synch is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, and Android.
- For all plans, it provides unlimited data transfer.
Mega Limited provides an online storage and file hosting service. Mega is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- It comes with 50 GB of free storage.
- It encrypts files and chats with keys.
- Mega synchronizes files and directories.
- Every 6 hours, you can upload or download 1 GB of data.
WorkDrive is a cloud storage system that makes it simple to manage your data. It allows you to quickly and easily establish, collaborate, and form teams. SOC 2 is used on this platform (Service Organization Control)
- Allows you to collaborate in real time with your team.
- It’s possible to use it on your tablet or smartphone.
- Reports can be customized.
- You can easily store and manage files.
Microsoft OneDrive is an online storage and syncing service offered by Microsoft. It is available to everyone with a Microsoft account for free. On either a Windows PC or a Mac, OneDrive apps can be used to sync files.
- Scanned business cards, receipts, whiteboard notes, and physical documents may all be stored in OneDrive using your phone.
- For security reasons, you can set an expiration date for shared files, images, and links.
- Allows for file uploads of up to 15 GB.
Google Drive is a Google-provided free online data storage service. The service syncs files, images, and other data across all of the user’s computers, tablets, and mobile devices. It comes with 15 GB of free storage.
- You can create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- It allows for synchronization in real time.
- You can develop forms to assist you in conducting a survey.
- The program is compatible with Mac OS X.
- Integrates with tens of thousands of third-party apps, including mind maps, Gantt charts, diagram tools, and more.
- It can save papers with up to 1.02 million characters, spreadsheets with up to 5 million cells, and presentations with up to 100 megabytes of storage.
Dropbox is a file hosting service that offers personal cloud storage, file syncing, and client software. It’s made to help you cooperate on projects, whether you’re working solo or in a group.
It allows you to sync data across all of your devices in a secure manner.
Your file size should be under 50 GB.
The service is compatible with Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows.